CMS Software Reviews for Ecommerce SEO
If you're in the process of creating an ecommerce site, it is important to use the right ecommerce CMS (Content Management System) platform. This CMS you choose must be able to execute the proper functions, and thus fulfilling your the on-page aspects of your ecommerce SEO strategy.
At ClickCentric SEO, we offer a number of independent, unbiased reviews of some of the most popular online shopping cart solutions. Our ecommerce CMS reviews focus on the primary features and aspects of each platform, with an emphasis on ecommerce SEO functions.
Before you choose a CMS for your ecommerce site, explore some of the following reviews:
- BigCommerce CMS Review
- Drupal CMS Review
- Exponent CMS Review
- Magento CMS Review
- OpenCart CMS Review
- Shopify CMS Review
- Volusion CMS Review
Many of these ecommerce CMS platforms offer distinct qualities, and some with better SEO features than others. It all comes down to your preferences, budget, and SEO objectives.
Characteristics of The Best Ecommerce CMS for SEO
Each ecommerce CMS offer different features for different levels of business (i.e local mom and pa online store vs. global e-retailer.) Enterprise-level CMS platforms can provide greater control and room for custom development, while others are more limited. Some of the primary CMS features to look out for in managing your ecommerce site include:
- Overall support services and security measures provided by the CMS
- The ability for several users to store and manage data, and edit website content
- Ease of creating, editing, and publishing new pages and content throughout the site
- Controlled access of ecommerce data based on defined user groups
- The ability to mass import and export ecommerce data into the website
- Ease of data retrieval and implementation
- Mechanisms to minimize inputs that may result in duplicate content (bad for ecommerce SEO)
- Simplified reporting and overall management of statistics and ecommerce performance
- Ease of usability in the CMS interface for basic end-users
Solid CMS Traits for Ecommerce SEO
In today's digital marketing age, search engine optimization is a highly important consideration for ecommerce CMS platforms. There are many aspects that online retailers should keep in mind while pinpointing a content management system for their ecommerce site. Some of these include:
- The software should allow users to manually write dynamic, SEO-friendly URLs
- Important SEO content such as the Page Title, Meta Description, and Keywords should be customizable per page
- Ecommerce software should allow for XML sitemap creation and submissions, as well as auto-generated HTML sitemaps for the website
- The ecommerce shopping cart software should enable users to implement 301 redirects when needed
- The CMS should have mechanism to detect and remove duplicate entries and content
- The software should be RSS feed support for news announcements, blogging, and product information
- Users should be able to implement both internal and external linking for better optimization
These are just a handful of important considerations to keep in mind for your ecommerce SEO strategy. If you have any questions regarding any specific CMS software platforms, feel free to contact us today.