Shopify Ecommerce Review
Ecommerce SEO and CMS Review of Shopify
Shopify is a simple CMS solution designed specifically for ecommerce sites. Shopify's simplicity makes it a good option for ecommerce sites with limited products and smaller sized inventories.
With monthly plans priced from $29 to $179, Shopify offers several packages for varying capacities and bandwidth needs. However, we have found that what is offered with each monthly plan may not fully meet the requirements of some online stores, and some investors will need to visit the "Shoppy Store Management" for additional apps to suit their needs.
To give you a general overview of Shopify as an ecommerce CMS platform, we have outlined some notable points below:
- The Shopify store (Shoppy Store Management) has some of the most attractive themes on the market. Some of these themes are offered free of charge, and operate rather quickly and efficiently without the need for custom development.
- Users of this ecommerce software solution can easily import and export product data in bulk via .csv files, or Excel.
- The Shopify administrator panel is user-friendly and very intuitive. Users will get an on-page wizard to guide you through the set-up process.
- Product descriptions can be manually written in full HTML which is a benefit for ecommerce SEO.
Additionally, Shopify allows users to embed video and pictures into these descriptions for enhanced conversion potential.
Shopify for Ecommerce SEO
In today's digital marketing age, you should never compromise SEO functionality when developing an ecommerce site. Unfortunately, Shopify is behind other shopping cart solutions when it comes to ecommerce search engine optimization. A few notable reasons why Shopify does not perform well for SEO are:
- Shopify does not allow for the creation of custom Page Titles and Meta Descriptions
- Although Shopify tries to make URL's SEO-friendly, users cannot customize them to unique specifications
If you want to maximize your SEO efforts using Shopify, you can always invest in the app from Shoppy Store Management. This is an additional cost that might ward-off some ecommerce storefronts.